Having recently celebrated her 3 year work anniversary, we grabbed a coffee and a…
Posted on 22nd March 2019
Oxford, Oxfordshire | Up to £22000 per annum
Buying | Fashion Buying | Administration | Range Planning | Sample Management
Niche recruitment are searching for a Buying Assistant to join their lovely Oxfordshire based client. A great opportunity for a fashion or retail graduate with some previous experience, the Buying Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Buyer in terms of Sample management & organisation
- Writing detailed and accurate Product Descriptions for web and catalogue
- Maintaining range performance awareness and keeping sales reports up to date
- Supplier liaison regarding deliveries and product specification, keeping to the critical path
- Organising Buyer movements and arranging for accommodation when required
To be considered for the role as Buying Assistant, you must have the following skills and experience:
- A fashion/retail-based degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Administrative experience obtained in a similar role or internship
- The ability to build relationships and communicate with several suppliers, national and international
- Analytically minded supporting range planning and performance
The role itself…
Reporting to the Buyer, the Buying Assistant will be responsible for helping deliver a range of products with a profit driven focus. You will have strong communication skills and be confident talking to different suppliers to help ensure production and delivery deadlines are met on time and to budget. You will need a creative nature with a keen eye for detail when it comes to writing product descriptions and be computer literate for uploading to the website.
What the company is like…
Working for a multi-channel retail South East Oxfordshire based brand, who specialise in Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories and Homewares, the Buying Assistant will have the opportunity to get their teeth into a varied role where no two days are the same. A driving licence and access to your own transport is essential due to the rural location.
How do you apply…?
Whether you're looking for a permanent role, or a maternity cover contract, get in touch with Michelle at Niche Recruitment today to chat about why you would be perfect for the role!