Please briefly describe your job role: What do you do? What are you responsible…
Posted on 15th October 2018
Witney, Oxfordshire | £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits
Buying | Retail | Supplier Liaison | Critical Path | Excel
BUYING ASSISTANT - TEMP TO PERM, 12 MONTHS
Are you looking to pursue a career in Retail Buying? An immediate start, on an initial 12-month contract - Niche Recruitment are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong mind for numbers, to work as a Buying Assistant at their client's retail head office based in West Oxfordshire. Ideally suiting someone with some buying administration experience, you will be responsible for the following daily activities:
- Providing administrative support in all aspects of the buying process, to include supplier & stakeholder liaison, sample management & quality assurance.
- Gathering product information from suppliers and inputting them into the system
- Utilising strong communication and relationship building skills, ensuring efficient support is provided to the buying team and strategy goals are met.
- Resolving customer queries and concerns are addressed by working in unison with Customer Services & suppliers, documenting throughout the process
- Support the Buyer in Critical Path management
To be considered for the role of Buying Assistant, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous buying/marketing administration experience, or relevant
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel) to an intermediate level
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Strong communicating and relationship building skills
The role itself…
An exciting opportunity for someone with proven administration and preferably some buying admin experience, the Buying Assistant will play a key role in the support of a busy, fast-paced environment. Working closely with the Buyer within one of the brands key categories to provide support in all aspects of the buying process, including; gathering product information from suppliers, uploading this onto internal database, sample management, through to quality assurance. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, written & verbal, with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders, approaching task-oriented solutions with a logical and efficient attitude. Highly organised, a head for figures and sound MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel are also essential to be considered for interview.
What the company is like…
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, the new Buying Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Buyer of one of the key creative categories, adhering to the brand values and awareness. A friendly environment, you will work hard but reap in the benefits of being part of this fun and dynamic business. With a host of employee benefits, generous holiday and awards for long-term service to name a couple, you will enjoy being valued whilst working alongside like-minded individuals with the same drive and focus as yourself.
How to apply…
If this sounds like the role for you, Niche Recruitment would love to hear from you - get in touch today to find out more!