It has been an exciting month for Niche Recruitment. We have welcomed Hannah Tiley…
Posted on 3rd September 2018
Didcot, Oxfordshire | £25000 - £30000 per annum
Category Buyer | Procurement | Software | Hardware | Stakeholder Engagement | Supplier Relationships | Negotiation
Niche Recruitment are on the lookout for two Category Buyers with an interest in business and procurement. Our client is based in Abingdon and on reflection of a recent restructure, they are keen to build their procurement team. As Category Buyer, you will be responsible for the following daily activities:
- Increasing profitability through the identification of strategic sourcing opportunities by using data analysis and engagement & development of stakeholder & supplier relationships
- Taking responsibility for personal knowledge of procurement processes to ensure you can assist stakeholders & suppliers for all stages, and managing & maintaining relevant documentation alongside
- Providing commercial support to the procurement team to ensure opportunities cost saving measures are identified and acted upon
- Managing ongoing relationships with external suppliers to support the procurement & business strategy
- Engaging in other general support of the procurement team to provide well informed insights as well as other ad-hoc duties as required
To be considered for the role of Category Buyer, you must have the following skills and experience:
- A degree or A Levels with a focus on business and/or economics
- The ability to communicate effectively, especially in influencing and negotiating
- Deadline conscious, confident at working to timescales in a fast faced environment
- Demonstrable experience in Excel and other Microsoft applications, prepared to work in a predominantly IT based environment
- Highly attentive to detail and self-motivated & organised
The role itself…
Reporting to the Head of Business and working closely with the Senior Buyer, the Category Buyer will be responsible for the maintenance of commercial relationships with key suppliers to ensure business strategies are met. Adhering to a structured and consistent framework, you will directly influence revenue & profits through cost saving achievements. Supporting the needs of the business, you will also continue to develop relationships with key stakeholders to acquire new assets and expand through leverage.
What the company is like…
Working in a team of Procurement Professionals, the Category Buyer positions have been opened as the business goes through a transitional period, identifying the supplier & stakeholder needs. A well-established IT company based in Abindgon, Oxfordshire, you will either be responsible for the sourcing of product Software or Hardware. The right candidates will be rewarded with a generous and competitive starting salary, performance related bonuses, and access to a host of other valuable benefits including private healthcare and a Pension Plan.
How do you apply…?
To be in a with a chance of being considered for this fantastic opportunity, get in touch with us here at Niche Recruitment today!