It has been an exciting month for Niche Recruitment. We have welcomed Hannah Tiley…
Posted on 14th June 2018
Desktop Support Analyst
Swindon, Wiltshire | Up to £14.36 per hour
Desktop Support | 1st Line Support | IT | Query Resolution | Customer Service | Technical Knowledge | Problem Solving | Temporary
Are you on the lookout for a new challenge in 1st line IT Support? Looking for a role on short notice?
Our Swindon-based client is looking for a Desktop Support Analyst to jump right-in and provide support to their tech team on a temporary 6-month basis, with plans to start ASAP.
- Supporting further departments and general effectiveness of the brand by delivering general IT support.
- Acting as 1st point of contact for incoming queries via phone, email and walk-ins, raising support tickets and aligning to the internal ticketing system.
- Responding to ticketed issues in a comprehensive and timely manner, escalating when necessary.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues, in addition to ensuring any updates (security & upgrades) are implemented on desktops and laptops.
- Setting up new devices, such as laptops and mobiles with the relevant software & systems
- Implementing smaller IT Projects as needed, in assistance to the IT Manager.
- Updating process documentation, seeking opportunities to improve the efficiency of current processes.
With the ability to hit-the-ground-running in a lively environment, you'll be confident in delivering a 1st class service. The candidate should have the following experience/skills:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role with a busy IT Service Desk.
- An eye for problem-solving, with strong attention to detail, in addition to being a confident communicator with both End-Users, Suppliers and Managers.
- A team-player personality, with a warm, friendly approach.
- Having a comprehensive understanding of providing support to Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Experience in supporting Windows Servers & VMs.
- Proficient in using Active Directory / Creating Group policies / Security Groups.
- Previous experience providing support to mobile users on the Microsoft Office 365 suite and cloud apps.
In applying, we request that candidates are available on either immediate or reduced notice, and are happy to commit to the full 6-month temporary period.