We’ve got MORE exciting news… with our team growing and growing we need more…
Posted on 20th September 2018
Head of Development
Abingdon, Oxfordshire | £60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Project Manager | Software Development | Idea Generation | Project Lifecycle | Team Leader | Stakeholder Management | Development Operations | Technical Product Portfolio | Reporting
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Development to embark on a new challenge, to take the lead within the Tech Innovation Department of a forward-thinking company in South Oxfordshire.
Market-leaders in their field with big plans for the future, our client is looking for an influential individual to Head their Development team for the organisation, shaping the future of the product portfolio and driving Brand direction within the industry.
As Head of Development you will lead a team of on and offshore Software development and operations experts, ensuing they understand and deliver a stable and transformational future for their products. The organisation are creating innovate software product offerings that are designed to help shape the evolution of their industry to improve best practice and drive innovation.
Key aspects for the role include:
- Tasked with leading the Digital Platforms team, first and foremost, you will be acting as the Head of a constantly evolving hub, wherein the technical innovation of the company is curated.
- Acting as the linchpin between UK and India development operations, you will have the initiative and understanding of your available resources, assigning the appropriate individuals to roles and projects where best implemented.
- Building on ideas, as sculpted by the Innovation hub, you'll be able to interpret your own suggestions to the teams, providing constructive feedback.
- Evaluating development progress of software idea generation, you will follow the progress of implementation, reviewing and reporting alongside the other relevant Department Heads.
- Ensuring that all development Operations are being performed with high quality standards, in line with ISO9001 and ISO27001.
- Taking up the mantle of 'Squad Leader', you will govern the overall direction of your Department remit both onshore and offshore, monitoring progress and intervening where necessary.
- Be the driving force behind encouraging the innovative influence and vision of the Department, ensuring that all performance is in line with company goals.
- Managing and engaging stakeholders; influencing and communicating the direction of the department, and brand in extension of this.
A fascinating and in-depth role, the Head of Development will be a similarly engaging individual with a balanced blend of experience. To be suitable for the position, you will be able to align with the following criteria:
- You will have proven demonstration of leading a department or complex teams, preferably with an international reach.
- Having previously managed technical product generation, from concept to implementation, you will have acted as the driving force behind portfolio growth.
- You will have extensive experience in managing software development life cycles and have a strong technical background and knowledge in software development.
- You will be passionate about keeping abreast of current trends, and be naturally inquisitive, researching competitor activity, and chasing how own company products can maintain market leadership, employing well-developed problem-solving skills.
- A confident and charismatic communicator, you'll be able to effectively liaise with other Heads, stakeholders and international teams with ease.
Does this profile reflect what you're looking for in a new career move? Get in touch with Niche Recruitment with your CV, and apply today to find out more.