Need a faster, smarter way to recruit? With Niche Recruitment you don’t just get…
IT Support Assistant
Swindon, Wiltshire | £18000 - £20000 per annum + Corporate Benefits Package
Permanent | IT Support | 1st Line Support | IT Helpdesk | IT Technician | IT Systems
Posted on 9th August 2019
Our client are looking for an IT Support Assistant with 1st Line support experience to join their market-leading organisation in Swindon.
Sitting within the wider IT department, the IT Support Assistant will be responsible for…
- Receiving and resolving IT issues related to both hardware and software
- Providing technical training to internal employees
- Ensuring that appropriate business applications are implemented within the business
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of new equipment/ software
To be considered for the role of IT Support Assistant you will…
- Have at least 1 years' practical experience in a 1st Line IT Support role.
- Need to demonstrate working knowledge of IT hardware (PC, Laptop, VOIP, Printer, Telephony)
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office, networking & active directory administration
- Be extremely service focused with a positive and friendly approach
- Be self-motivated and proactive with excellent time management skills
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have a creative approach to identifying core business issues and creating resolutions
- Ideally have experience with Xerox MFDs (this is not essential).
The role itself…
Will provide a first point of contact for all user IT & Business Support queries and requests within the business. You will be responsible for logging all raised queries and ensuring that matters are resolved in a timely manner. More complex matters can be escalated to other team members or business areas; however, the IT Support Assistant will hold ultimate responsibility for ensuring that matters are followed up. In return, our client can offer a rewarding career with significant scope for professional development.
The company itself…
Is a professional services firm, rated within the Top 100 UK businesses in their industry sector. They have seen considerable recent growth, which is expected to continue, and boast a collaborative and client-focused approach. The business strives to maintain a fantastic team mentality that ensures that its staff work collaboratively and from a "One Firm" approach.
If you are keen to further your career as an IT Support Assistant, please send an application providing proof of the required skills to Charli Cumberpatch at email@example.com or call 01793 230 469