It has been an exciting month for Niche Recruitment. We have welcomed Hannah Tiley…
Posted on 11th September 2018
JIRA Implementation Consultant
City of London, London | £300 - £450 per day
JIRA | Implementation | Consultant | Opertations
JIRA IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT
We are looking for a Jira Implementation consultant to join a forward-thinking Digital Division of a well-established business in central London.
This is a 6 - 8 week project to work with the client to undertake a thorough understanding of present operational procedures (currently using Prince 2 methodology) and to help build and implement Jira throughout the business unit.
The Implementation Consultant will be responsible for leading business requirement gathering sessions and design workshops with the team to ensure baseline understanding of the technology through analysis and design while maintaining high standards in quality and satisfaction.
- Facilitation of as-is and to-be business process discussions with customer subject matter experts to enable translation into to-be functional process flow documentation.
- Accountable for Quality of Requirements gathering and functional solution design.
- Works with an assigned stakeholder to present best practices workflows to client, and appropriately responds to clients' business problems.
- Perform user requirements analysis; facilitate business process design sessions, identify gaps, issues and reporting risk areas as part of a software implementation delivery team
- Translates client business processes and requirements into business process flow documentation, solution design to support customer's desired to-be state;
- Primary point of contact on all business design deliverables, and provides solution design advise and support as needed to support the completion of the deliverables.
- Responds to client requests by performing appropriate tests to determine if ideas work; communicates results back to client along with possible alternative solutions.
- During analysis engages more technical designs to validate the functional design requirements captured which will enable a solution that meets the client's requirements.
- To support functional design; needs to understand and manage how data is mapped and how data decisions should align with business decisions being gathered and made.
- Responsible for ensuring the client provides the relevant data in line with functional and technical requirements to support the solution and owns the management of the data in the client system.
- Trains the client SMEs to complete the data import templates.
- Works in tandem with the team (finance, reporting, integration, and configuration) to correctly map out data requirements for their work streams.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the team to ensure all requirements are fully captured, documented and signed off and aligned with all work streams - including Finance, Integrations, Reporting etc.
- Ensures that design decisions of all the clients work streams are aligned.
- Translates documented and signed-off functional business processes and requirements into a technical design, and system configurations to support customer's desired to-be state.
- Manages all aspects of the technology set-up from base configuration to the designed client system, including all ticket related activities.
- Ensures that all JIRA tickets are correctly tracked and managed to ensure efficiency and ability to report on challenges and delays.
- Before commencing client user acceptance testing, checks all configured elements requested by client and ensures all business requirements are correctly accounted for in the set up
- Fully tests every required feature, function and workflow in the client application, including an E2E in order to support other work streams deliverables when applicable.
- Manages the set-up of user acceptance testing including the staging of data.
- Assists with the delivery and coordination of user acceptance testing with the client and MSP where applicable.
- Ensures that any issues (Data and application) raised during testing are coordinated and resolved
- Serve as the industry and application subject matter expert and thought leader throughout the implementation life-cycle
- Engaged and confident presence with client - one who can establish and sustain credibility and trust
- Effective communication and team work with project teams and collaboration with other departments
- Understand priorities, scope, timeline, goals, and key milestones
- Ability and desire to drive change
- Have a high level of accountability
- Must be an outstanding communicator and team player who demonstrates attention to detail, and who also understands how to ensure finance initiatives that support the long term strategy of the business
- High-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, entrepreneurial, open-door environment
- Outstanding executive presence and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills