We’ve got MORE exciting news… with our team growing and growing we need more…
Posted on 1st August 2018
Fairford, Gloucestershire | Up to £30000 per annum + 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Management Accountant | AAT | ACCA | Reconciliations | Financial Audits | Forecasting | Finance Management | Reporting
We are looking for a part-qualified Management Accountant to join a national educational charitable trust.
Based in Fairford, near Cirencester, The Ernest Cook Trust is undergoing a period of significant growth and change; strategically looking at the areas they work in and why, reviewing how they reach new audiences and considering how to work collaboratively across their sector to increase their own influence and impact and that of others.
An exciting new opportunity has become available to join the team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Operations. If you like a challenge and want to be part of a dynamic and driven charitable trust, this could be a great role for you.
This is a wonderful time to be joining The Ernest Cook Trust in support of achieving their vision:
Inspiring young people to achieve better educational and life outcomes by learning from the land.
Working within the finance team your key duties as Management Accountant will include:
- Preparing reports, budgets, forecasts, commentaries and any required financial statements.
- Undertaking financial administration, for example journals, ad-hoc invoicing and transaction processing, reconciliations, expenses administration, intercompany transactions etc.
- Supporting monthly and year-end accounts preparation, consolidated accounts and payroll processing.
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues on budgets, management accounts, variance analysis and any management reports.
- Support development, implementation and running of efficient and effective financial systems, policies and processes.
- Forecasting income and revenue expenditure, cash and capital expenditure.
- Preparation of VAT returns, payroll and other submissions to HMRC.
- Assisting with annual audit processes and internal audit work as required.
We are looking for a proactive, motivated and enthusiastic management accountant to be part of the small office team working with other colleagues to deliver excellent financial management
For this exciting opportunity you must:
- Have experience within a similar role, with a minimum of three years' experience.
- Be part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Have excellent communication skills and a self-motivated approach.
- Be experienced in using accounting, payroll, database and Microsoft Office systems, along with intermediate or advanced MS Excel skills.
- Work well under pressure, keeping a cool head with multiple workloads.
- Have confidence working with management accounting processes, with experience in a procedure-driven environment.
- Have a hands-on approach.
If you are interested in a permanent role working as Management Accountant and being supported in developing your professional skills with a charitable trust in a beautiful rural setting then please get in touch with Niche Recruitment.
The organisation offers fantastic benefits including 27 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, life assurance at 4 x gross salary and a varied, creative and friendly (and dog-friendly!) working environment.