We’ve got MORE exciting news… with our team growing and growing we need more…
Posted on 18th September 2018
Witney, Oxfordshire | £25000 - £35000 per annum
Buying | Profit Margins | Brand Strategy | Critical Path | Range Planning | Leadership
RETAIL BUYER - CERAMICS & EQUIPMENT
Would you like to work for a quintessentially British brand buying their Ceramics and Equipment? Niche Recruitment are on the lookout for a Retail Buyer with several years' experience in their pocket to work for their client, in their Witney head office. Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be accountable for the following:
- Development and implementation of product range to maximise sales through effective sourcing, focusing on the business and brand strategy
- Expertly negotiating the best costs to maintain and improve overall profit margins in product as well as packaging, always achieving budgets
- Collaborating with the design team to ensure seasonal direction whilst managing the critical path to keep to deadlines, as well as working closely with the Senior Buyer and merchandisers
- Effectively managing the department, providing good leadership and establishing/maintaining a clear process for communication to achieve the best results for the brand
- Maintaining a professional and commercial mind when it comes to market research and trend analysis, setting realistic schedules and deadlines, and always stay customer focused
To be considered for the role as Retail Buyer, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a creative subject
- Several years' experience in a similar buying category
- A commercial mind with financial awareness
- Passionate to further develop their buying skills with ambition and determination to succeed
- Expert negotiation skills to achieve best costs
- Excellent organisational & project management skills to adhere to the critical path
- Competent in the use of Excel & Outlook
The role itself…
Setting the bar to achieve brand recognition across all global selling channels, the Retail Buyer plays a key role in this customer focused business. You will be fully accountable for the profit margins through effective negotiating, managing the critical path, taking financials into consideration at every stage. Through product design, innovation and range planning, you will directly influence the brand strategy using your professional & commercial manner, sourcing and forecasting to maximise profits, whilst overseeing the creative and seasonal direction of the range.
What the company is like…
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, the new Retail Buyer will be responsible for Ceramics and Equipment that adhere to the brand values and awareness. A friendly environment, you will work hard but reap in the benefits of being part of this fun and dynamic business. With a host of employee benefits, generous holiday and awards for long-term service to name a couple, you will enjoy being valued whilst working alongside like-minded individuals with the same drive and focus as yourself.
How to apply…?
If you think you've got what it takes, contact Michelle or Hannah at Niche Recruitment today to find out more!