Christmas and New Year are often the times to wind down and reflect – both…
Posted on 11th September 2018
Senior Category Manager – Indirect Procurement
Oxfordshire | £40000 - £50000 per annum
Purchasing | Procurement | Buyer | Category | Indirect
SENIOR CATEGORY MANAGER
Are you fully CIPS qualified and looking to next step up in Procurement? Niche Recruitment are looking for a Senior Category Manager with Indirect Procurement experience, to take on this exciting role for their client based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Leading the Procurement team, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the procurement team strategy, effectively planning and implementing robust development objectives, delivering results
- Taking the lead on strategic sourcing projects and engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to ensure cost saving measures are made
- Maximising and delivering savings through effective forecasting, managing and maintaining Category Management
- Actively reviewing procurement processes and procedures by utilising performance statistics and identifying areas that are working or require improvement
- Being accountable for the company's facilities management contracts
To be considered for the role of Senior Category Manager, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Team leader experience, working in Indirect Procurement
- CIPS qualified
- Expert in stakeholder management and negotiation
- Relationship building skills for effective supplier and stakeholder communication
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office, including Advanced Excel
The role itself…
An exciting opportunity, created to deliver Indirect Procurement activities within the business, the Senior Category Buyer will focus on strategies to effectively promote efforts within the business in terms of maximising their economies, standardising their practices and driving the value of procurement. Responsible for Buying all indirect products and services whilst leading your small team of procurement specialists, delivering a Business Partner focus within the company.
What the company is like…
Leading a team of Procurement Professionals, the Senior Category Manager's position has been opened as the business goes through a transitional period, identifying the supplier & stakeholder needs. Working for this well-established IT company based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, the right candidate will be rewarded with a generous and competitive starting salary, performance related bonuses, and access to a host of other valuable benefits including private healthcare and a Pension Plan.
How do you apply…?
If you have experience working within an Indirect Procurement role then we would love to talk to you - get in touch with us at Niche Recruitment today to find out more!