We’ve got MORE exciting news… with our team growing and growing we need more…
Posted on 1st August 2018
Senior Policy Programmes Manager
Swindon, Wiltshire | Up to £40000 per annum
Policy | Programme Management | Line Management | Policy Campaigns | Stakeholder Management | Building Relationships | Problem Solving | Policy Content | Report Writing
A rare vacancy within our client's Policy and Community Division has arisen for a Senior Policy Programmes Manager. Operating from their Head Office in Swindon, this role is a great opportunity to take ownership of and shape the outlook and voice of their Community policy.
The looking for an experienced and efficient candidate to act as the practicing manager responsible for curating and establishing policy campaigns within the circumference of the organisation's activity programmes; performing in line with the company ethos, and echoing the brand voice.
Acting in best interest, the Senior Policy Programmes Manager will:
- Take the lead in generating and delivering critical policy guidance and resource, which are utilised in the public disclosure of key issues.
- Proactively review the processes, practices and policies that the client represents.
- Continually question areas of development, to not only achieve, but supersede service expectations in both their policy reach and effect.
- Utilise project management tools and methods in a professional capacity, optimizing the efficiency of the entire process in line with deadlines and budgetary allowance.
- Act as line manager to a compact team of Policy Managers; directing and supporting as necessary.
- Act as a brand representative and spokesperson; engaging with participants on both internal and external forums, networking and nurturing relationships with stakeholders.
- Review and analyst policy processes in line with established targets, offering solutions to problems and reporting on campaign progress.
- You will provide reliable intelligence and council on the strategy and development of business opportunities.
- Act as 1st point of contact for company policy, updating key information regarding legislative movement on all appropriate online and offline channels.
A complex and fascinating cumulation of responsibilities, the client is looking for an individual who can assume both a knowledgeable point of contact and point of leadership from the get-go.
In applying for this Senior Policy Programmes Manager role, we expect the candidate to meet the following criteria:
- Have a robust market knowledge of establishing policy regulations within complex environments, with proven experience of working in Policy and Community divisions.
- A background, such as a degree level qualification in Politics & Public Affairs would be particularly relevant to the remit of the position.
- You will have a passion for keeping abreast of all the latest political & policy developments relevant to the cause, ensuring that all policy updates are relevant.
- You will have comprehensive Stakeholder Management experience, requiring a talent in networking to help maintain key relationships.
Does this sound like the new opportunity that you've been looking to apply yourself to? Apply for the Senior Policy Programmes Manager position online via Niche Recruitment