It has been an exciting month for Niche Recruitment. We have welcomed Hannah Tiley…
Posted on 3rd August 2018
Senior Press Officer
Swindon, Wiltshire | Up to £30000 per annum
PR | Press Office | Campaigns | Media | Stakeholder Management
SENIOR PRESS OFFICER - 3 MONTH CONTRACT
Are you a Press Officer looking for a temporary role? Niche Recruitment are looking for a creative Interim Senior Press Officer to work for their well-established Swindon client for 3mths. The Senior Press Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Seeing campaigns through from creation to implementation supporting key objectives across all media channels and generating press releases
- Taking responsibility for the smooth running of the Press Office in line with strategy plans
- Managing all enquiries with regards to Media Relations, acting as the first point of contact, providing expertise and support to related departments & teams
- Undertaking stakeholder management and represent the company at events with regards to media relations
- Maintaining working relationships with supplier agencies, working closely with Head of Press & PR reviewing the media agency's performance if required
To be considered for the role as Senior Press Officer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A graduate with related professional media training, or equivalent MCIPR membership
- Experience obtained working in a Press Office for a large company
- Previous experience generating campaigns and hosting external events
- Strong communication skills, with stakeholder management experience
- A good understanding of social media platforms to ensure successful press office campaigns
The role itself…
In this interim role, the Senior Press Officer will work closely with the Head of Press & HR to support the Press Office to pick up some extra workload following a restructure. A key role in sustaining and managing the company's reputation, anyone who wants to consider this role must be able to hit the ground running and be ready to create, develop and implement press campaigns promoting key objectives. A likeable person, you would ideally need to be able to build on existing relationships with your team and existing stakeholders in a short period of time.
What the company is like…
Widely known for their portfolio of products, the Senior Press Officer will join our client as it goes through an exciting period of growth. They have a reputation to uphold which heavily relies on the Press Office's promotion of the business, and existing successful relationships with all media channels. Due to the demands of the business, you may be expected to work out of hours from time to time, which includes travel and overnight stays to attend external events.
How to apply…?
This is a great role for utilising your press campaign skills to help out a friendly team of likeminded people, so if it sounds like a challenge you would like to pursue, please get in touch with Niche Recruitment today to find out more!