Exciting news… We’ve been featured in this month’s Business West Insight Magazine! As you…
Posted on 27th June 2018
Support Services Coordinator
Swindon, Wiltshire | £9 - £9.50 per hour
Patient Support Services | Administration | Services Coordination | Team Support | Curating Documentation | Contact Liaison | Query Triaging | Supply Ordering
We are looking to recruit a Support Services Coordinator to work on a temporary contract for 8-12 weeks for a well-respected Charity who operate from the outskirts of Swindon. The role is a part-time position, working 9.00am - 2.00pm so would suit someone looking for school hours!
This role is to work in the Family Support Services department and therefore we are looking to find an individual who has experience working in either health or social care and someone who is used to working with sensitive information, patient records and upmost confidentiality.
The role will be providing 1st point of contact to incoming queries, including working with patient families top help coordinate appointments. You must be comfortable dealing with sensitive situations, showing tact, professionalism and empathy. You will also be an excellent administrator and be able to follow processes and procedures required in the role. This is fantastically rewarding position for a genuinely lovely charity.
Key responsibilities of the Support Services Coordinator include:
- Provide administrative and secretarial aid to facilitate the smooth running of the regulated yet sensitive Patient Services.
- Provide 1st point of contact to incoming queries, both on the phone and walk-in visitors, creating a welcoming atmosphere with the appropriate amount of sensitivity.
- Coordinating appointments, in line with both staff and client availability.
- Liaise with voluntary services and other external contacts.
- Managing inbound/outbound correspondence, triaging enquiries and cases, prioritising appropriately and responding in a timely manner.
- Maintain records on the company database, ensuring data is accurate, relevant and up-to-date.
- Raising purchase orders
- Tracking the maintenance of stock, including that of stationary, forms, and information, then ordering further supplies when needed.
- Curate agendas and take minutes at company meetings when necessary.
Not only will the candidate be able to work the specified hours for the post (9am-2pm, Mon-Fri), we request that in applying to this Support Services Coordinator role, you'll also be able to commit to the full duration of the temporary assignment.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also be able to:
- Provide confident and competent support, balancing workloads to deadlines.
- Deliver strong administrative capability, attending to a variety of responsibilities.
- Display previous experience of working on internal databases, or Patient Record Systems.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to assisting the efficiency of the department
- Adopt the correct levels of sensitivity, and professionalism, ideally with experience from working in a health/medical-care setting.
- Show good team-working skills, with experience of working in a lively, procedure-driven environment.
Does this sound like you, or someone you know? Apply for this role through Niche Recruitment today.