Please briefly describe your job role: What do you do? What are you responsible…
Posted on 8th November 2018
Witney, Oxfordshire | Negotiable
Tea | Buying | Brand Strategy | Sales & Profits |Supplier Liaison | Trend Forecasting
The opportunity to join a premium brand, world renowned for their specialist Teas, has come up in West Oxfordshire. Here at Niche Recruitment, we are on the hunt for passionate Tea experts to present themselves to Witney-based Whittard of Chelsea. There are two rare and exciting positions available to take the lead in their main category buying tea.
When Walter Whittard launched his first London shop in 1886, his philosophy was simple: buy the best. It's a philosophy that's stayed closed to their hearts since then, driving their belief in quality, heritage and innovation. With business in over 35 countries and an ever-growing base of loyal customers, they believe their position as a premium lifestyle brand would make Walter proud.
The heart and soul of Whittard is their products. Constantly updated with exclusive blends, their pioneering collection of tea, coffee and cocoa is complemented by a wide range of brewing equipment, tableware and elegant gifts. Their stores are designed to provide an immersive and engaging environment, while their website brings the unique Whittard shopping experience online with expert tips and information on coffee roasting, tea origins and plenty more. Their community stretches across the world, and by continuing to develop their branded stores, their online experience and to distribute their products internationally, they are looking to grow even further, cementing their position as a global premium brand.
Your daily activities will range from the following:
- Promoting and maintaining brand identity, influencing the business and brand strategy through product innovation and development
- Driving sales and profits through tactical promotion of best in market products, across all national & international retail channels, online and in stores
- Liaising with suppliers to negotiate suitable deals; from end to end supplier discounting, to shipping and marketing contributions
- Forecasting trends to curate and develop effective range planning in your product and promotion strategy, managing the critical path effectively along the way
- Taking direct reports from the Tea Buying Assistant & Tea Product Manager, leading & influencing the whole department professionally and informally
To be considered for the role of Tea Buyer, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a creative discipline or equivalent experience gained buying similar products
- Commercially aware, from a retail background
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Able to negotiate at all levels
- Competent Microsoft Office user (Excel & Outlook)
Tea Buyer - The role
The successfully candidate will be passionate about product, using their commercial prowess to continuously and proactively increase profit margins by sourcing luxury items in accordance with pre-designated budgeting, which will be crafted together with input from the Merchandiser. Being a seasoned Retail Buyer, you will possess the confidence needed to liaise with suppliers to negotiate, you will assume creative license over the general direction of seasonal produce, working collaboratively with the design team, curating and expanding on each range with reference to internal and external resources.
Whittard - The Company
You will be joining this British Heritage brand in an exciting period of growth, with ownership and accountability for buying, giving you the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the business and contribute to the brands future. Offering an exciting and unique range of employee perks, in a dynamic environment where there is always a good cup of tea!
Get in touch today!
If this sounds like your next step in buying, then please get in touch with a short covering letter and your CV today.
Niche Recruitment are proud to be managing the recruitment of this role exclusively on behalf of Whittard and all applications will be reviewed by ourselves.