There have been several recent industry reports and commentary around talent shortages and the…
Posted by Nick Wimshurst
26th May 2017
Business Analyst – 18 Month FTC
Swindon, Wiltshire | £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Working in the process improvement and Business Change team, this role will provide business analysis skills to the early phases of projects within the team.
The team is responsible for delivering continuous improvement projects for the organisation and this role will support the development of business cases for large project proposals.
As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with the Business Change Team and work as the ‘bridge’ between the business and IT functions.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience of working within either Prince2 or Agile delivery roles and the key responsibilities will include:
- To work across the business to support those who have identified opportunities for improvement, working to define, document and prioritise potential solution(s)
- To perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and/or user stories
- To translate business problems into process or system requirements
- To bridge between the business and IT roles such as Technical Architect
- To create detailed Business Requirement Documentation
- To support the development of business cases
- To research best practice and share it with the team and translate it into day to day practice
This role is initially an 18 month Fixed term contract. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Has demonstrable business analysis skills and experience in modelling business processes with excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to represent technical concepts in an easy to understand way
- Ability to promote the need for well-defined and articulated business requirements with business functions
- Team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure on high profile business critical projects.
- A ‘self-starter’ with strong motivation to succeed
- Strong technical knowledge
If you feel you could add value in this role and are interested in finding out more then please do apply.