WORKING FROM HOME: A REMOTE WORKERS SURVIVAL GUIDE 9 – 5 IS CHANGING… For…
Posted by Niche Recruitment
19th March 2020
CORONAVIRUS: DIGITALISING THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The government has advised that we work from home where possible. With many people already working remotely and more to join them soon, the vast majority of us will be homebound.
Like all businesses in this uncertain time, we have been working hard to find a solution to continue providing our candidates and clients with the service we have always offered.
It’s no surprise that there has been a significant increase in demand for the use of our video interviewing technology. Over the last year, we have seen its popularity rise due to its ability to reduce hiring time and cost. Now, it provides a fantastic solution to the current climate we are working in.
We have been pioneers/early adopters of recruitment Video technology and have lots of experience with this platform. Furthermore, with an inability to interview face-to-face right now, there has been an increase in clients interested in utilising our Emotional Intelligence profiling. Overall clients gain an all-round picture of an individual’s behaviour and personality.
“With more and more people being asked to work from home, it means that those who have not had time to look for a new role will now be able to do so” Niche Recruitment’s Director Nick recognises. “We will be able to continue to operate from home and hope to offer bespoke recruitment services that meet the individual candidate and client needs”.
Co-Founder, Michelle Graham states “As a recruitment agency with the ability to work remotely, we have a responsibility as a company to contribute to keeping the economy going and help those who need to scale up their workforces.”
Social distancing coupled with growing uncertainty requires us to rise to the recruitment challenges we face. We feel embracing video technology as soon as possible is imperative.
“It is still important for businesses and candidates alike to connect to prevent the economy collapsing under the strain of this pandemic”.
With this in mind, if you are preparing to have a video interview (Hinterview), here are some tips on what to expect:
- Your Niche Consultant will arrange a Hinterview with you at a time to suit you
- At the time of your interview, we will send you a link to follow to join the Hinterview
- Your Niche Consultant will let you know when the recording has started and finished
- The rest of the process is like the normal recruitment process; your recruiter will submit your video interview and CV to the client and update you directly with feedback
And finally, remember to…
- Dress as you would for a face to face interview. Hint: Dark colours work better on the camera.
- Keep it short, sweet and concise. Talk only about your recent and relevant experience.
- Hook the interest of your watcher within the first 5 minutes by maintaining good eye contact and smiling. The ideal video interview length is 7-15 minutes.
- Be prepared. Create a distraction-free space with a neutral background if possible.
- Try to avoid reading from notes as you’ll come across flat and monotone. If you need to, pop a sticky note next to your camera as a prompt.
- Stay nice and relaxed.
- And most importantly, be yourself!
We offer our clients the use of a free Bespoke Applicant Tracking Systems as part of our service offering. You will work with a dedicated, experienced consultant to have a two-way recorded interview with candidates that will cover key competencies you set-out in your selection/ screening criteria. You will then receive the video, CV and supporting information for you to make informed recruitment decisions… all from home!
If you are interested in utilising our Video Technology or would like to find out more about how the platform works, please do not hesitate to contact the team on 01793 230469