71% of consumers expect companies to deliver personalised interactions, with 76% of them becoming…
Posted by Niche Recruitment
26th January 2022
Questions to Ask at an Interview
OFTEN LEFT STUCK FOR WORDS?
We understand, even better, we can help. We have bucket loads of experience being on the hiring side of an interview. Which means, we know some of the best questions to ask in an interview. You don’t want to be left speechless at the end of an interview when you are asked the dreaded “do you have any questions for us?”, so here is a list of some ideas to keep in your back pocket to finish your interview off with a bang.
Keep in mind, some of these questions might not be relevant for your field or position, so pick the ones that feel most appropriate.
- Why are you looking to hire somebody into this role?
- What are the key challenges of this role?
- How will the training be delivered and structured?
- What training will I be offered if I am successful?
- Is there anything I could read up on before I start that would help me settle into the role easily?
- How many people are there in the team and can you tell me a bit about them?
- What will the typical day/week in the role involve?
- How is the team structured and who would this role report to?
- What is the plan for the business over the next 5 years?
- How could this role develop/progress in the future?
- Who are your competitors and how do you differentiate from them?
- What is the best thing about working for the business?
- If you could change one thing about your role, what would it be?
- What are the key things that make someone suitable for your team?
- Is there anything you would like me to provide some more detail on from my experience?
We know it can be difficult to remember lists, especially under pressure, but having some role/company specific questions ready to ask will put you into the good books of your interviewer. It makes you seem interested, engaged and more importantly gives you a better chance of connecting with your interviewer, which could be the thing that makes you more memorable than your competition.
If you need more guidance on what questions to ask at the end of an interview, get in touch today and we would be happy to help.
Share this blog here!