I recently attended the Swindon Mindful Employer Network on Monday 10th February. The event…
Witney, Oxfordshire | Negotiable
eCommerce | Trading | CRO | Content | UX | Web Development | Retail | Digital Merchandising
Posted on 24th October 2019
Founded in 1886, Whittard of Chelsea's founder Walter's philosophy was simple: buy the best. Since then the brand has expanded internationally and within the UK, working with the finest plantations, investing in cutting edge technology and refreshing their branding to appeal to a much larger customer audience who are thirsty for more. eCommerce is the beating heart for any modern retailer and with YoY online sales increasing, we are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Manager to join Whittard of Chelsea, on a 1 year maternity cover contract.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, the Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and driving the website development roadmap
- Driving performance and compiling accurate reports based on a creative trading strategy
- Working in collaboration with the Campaign and Design teams, as well as Buying & Merchandising teams, to deliver a consistent message across all platforms, in a timely manner
- Taking responsibility for the online customer experience and content strategies, improving CRO and encouraging feedback
- Researching competitor campaigns, always being ahead of the game and driving sales
- Managing a small team of ecommerce executives, you will develop a high performing standard based on SI & KPIs
To be considered for the role of Ecommerce Manager, you must have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4 -5 years' experience in a similar setting, preferably in the retail sector
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- Working knowledge in technologies such as Google Analytics, and experience in improving conversion rates
- Competent in the use of software and online tools such as CMS, HTML & Photoshop
- Commercially aware, with excellent organisation and time keeping skills
The role itself…
Taking responsibility of upcoming and exciting new projects, the Ecommerce Manager will join the wonderful team at Whittard to further develop their ecommerce strategy. You will take the lead on developing strategies to ensure all opportunities are maximised on-site, with on-point UX and targeted content. You will be at home reviewing online data to inform your decisions to ensure sales targets are met through optimised campaigns, developing new propositions, and being accountable for strategy of online content, including A/B testing, and CRO & UX.
What the company is like… Whittard of Chelsea
Joining a brand renowned for their British Heritage signature, Whittard are going through an exciting period of growth in their eCommerce channels, as well as retail and international. With a growing international customer base, online is a key channel to continue this growth. Offering an exciting and unique range of employee perks, in a dynamic and supportive environment, plus there is always a good cup of tea!
When Walter Whittard launched his first London shop in 1886, his philosophy was simple: buy the best. It's a philosophy that's stayed close to their hearts since then, driving their belief in quality, heritage and innovation. With business in over 35 countries and an ever-growing base of loyal customers, they believe their position as a premium lifestyle brand would make Walter proud.
The heart and soul of Whittard is their products. Constantly updated with exclusive blends, their pioneering collection of tea, coffee and cocoa is complemented by a wide range of brewing equipment, tableware and elegant gifts. Their stores are designed to provide an immersive and engaging environment, while their website brings the unique Whittard shopping experience online with expert tips and information on coffee roasting, tea origins and plenty more. Their community stretches across the world, and by continuing to develop their branded stores, their online experience and to distribute their products internationally, they are looking to grow even further, cementing their position as a global premium brand.
How to apply…?
What are you waiting for? If you are available to take on a new eCommerce challenge from December/ January, can commit to a year long contract and feel this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Michelle Graham at Niche Recruitment on 01793 230469 to find out more!