This week director, Nick ‘met’ Chandni, an experienced Project Manager (PM) and our newest…
Homewares Buyer – FILLED
Oxford, Oxfordshire | Negotiable
Buying | Range Planning | Product Selection | Buyer | Ceramics | Glass | Gifting | Homewares
Posted on 1st October 2019
A great opportunity has arrived on our desks at Niche Recruitment to kick start Autumn. If you're a strong Buyer, ideally with mail order and online experience, who might like to consider making the leap into a new role before Christmas, you could be what our South Oxfordshire client is looking for.
Please note that due to the rural location of the office you will require a driving licence and car.
Reporting to the Buying Director, and managing the Buying Assistant, the Buyer will be responsible for the following:
- Range development & planning, and product sourcing across the brand channels
- Cost and terms negotiation with multiple suppliers
- Management of the Critical Path from concept to launch
- Writing accurate product descriptions using appropriate brand handwriting
- Attending regular meetings with suppliers and trade fairs
- Liaising with other in-house teams to ensure customer demand service expectations are being met
To be considered for the role of Buyer, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 2-3yrs experience as a Buyer, preferably in Homewares, for a middle-weight company
- Solid numeracy and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail and proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Creative thinker, with a commercial awareness
- Brand and customer focused, with some experience of bespoke product
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiating skills
- A driving licence and your own car
The role itself…
Managing the Buying Assistant, we are looking for a confident, hands-on Buyer who has solid experience working within a buying team ordering lines in volume of up to 500. With strong organisational skills, you will be competent in Critical Path management and meeting deadlines. A cultured background, and ideally a passion for history, you can range plan & deliver to time and spec and have the added experience in sourcing and product development. This role also requires the creative ability to write copy for the brand catalogues and website, whilst maintaining commercial awareness but not forgetting the brand's identity. A responsibility for terms & price negotiation with suppliers, and a good working relationship with the merchandising team will promote efficacy within the business to operate to full capacity.
What the company is like…
Our multi-channel retail brand specialises in Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories and Homewares, and in this role the Buyer will be responsible for unique and collectible Homewares. Being a relatively small company, you will have the opportunity to take a real hands on approach to the role and be involved with every stage of the buying process. A driving licence and access to your own transport is essential due to the rural location.
How do you apply…?
Does this role sound like it's come at the right time for you? Get in touch with us at Niche Recruitment today on 01793 230 469 or email@example.com so we can introduce you to our client.