Modern technology means that recruitment agencies and employers usually do their due diligence on new hires…
Information Manager/ DPO
Swindon, Wiltshire | £46446 - £46500 per annum
DPO | Data Protection | Risk | GDPR | DPIA | Records Management | FOI
Posted on 15th October 2020
Niche Recruitment in Swindon are seeking an experienced Information Manager with sound knowledge of GDPR to join a fantastic organisation who playa vital role in supporting the Government on procurement, so are very much part of the current effort. This is a pivotal role for the organisation to lead on the policy, strategy and practical execution as Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Records & Information Manager.
Reporting to the Head of RISC (Risk, Information and Security Compliance), the Information Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Take the lead on all data protection activities across the business and all employees, acting as the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Inform, advise and offer recommendations to the business regarding their obligations under the GDPR
- Ensure the business is compliant with regards to GDPR and other data protection laws through a compliance programme supporting risk management
- Maintain and assist with the process of performing Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Identify, log, escalate and mitigate any data privacy risks & issues
- Act as a key point of contact for the investigating, discovery, recording and handling of any data breaches
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives
- Running mandatory training on Data Protection and ensure that awareness procedures are in place
To be considered for the role of Information Manager, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Professional qualifications or relevant experience in compliance with GDPR, the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
- Experienced in Information Management, Assurance and Records Management
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and best practice standards in Records Management, Information Management, DPA and GDPR
- Experience of implementing change management
- Driven and determined, able to work in a fast- paced, distributed environment
- The ability to persuade and influence others, with excellent negotiating and communication skills
- Proven ability to see things through and have excellent attention to detail
- An enthusiastic, positive and proactive mind-set
- A team player, ideally experienced in managing a small team to achieve its goals and objectives
The role itself…
The key objective of the Information Manager is to primarily take the lead on compliance and monitoring of Data Protection, GDPR and FOI requests. A leadership role, you will line manage a small team and act as the main point of call for the business' data compliance obligations, reporting into the Audit Committee and Board. To be considered for this role, you need to be a good all-rounder, with experience across all personal data and be a practitioner level qualified or have experience from the GDPR get go. If you come with experience of working in a government funded organisation or large admin centred business, even better!
The company itself…
A company who takes pride on maintaining a high standard of business service in the Public Sector, the Information Manager will join a business whose people and values are at the heart of all they do. They are a trusted and well-established business within Swindon, who offer a generous 28 days of annual leave, a private pension scheme, and the opportunity to add to your continuous professional development. This is an immediately available permanent opportunity where you will be on-boarded remotely and working from home until the offices reopen fully in line with government guidance.
How do you apply…?
This is just a taste of what this role has to offer, so if this has whet your appetite, be sure to get in touch with us at Niche Recruitment in Swindon so we can discuss this opportunity further on 01793 230469!