MEET NICHE DIRECTOR, NICK WIMSHURST It’s no secret that at Niche, relationships are our…
Product Category Buyer
Witney, Oxfordshire | £30000 - £35000 per annum
Category Buyer | Product development | Supplier Relationships | Buyer
Posted on 1st April 2021
Are you a Buyer who is itching for a new challenge and enjoys working with products of a technical nature? Our Oxford-based client is looking for a new Product Category Buyer with a passion for 2-wheeled machines. If you would love the opportunity to develop new products, then this could be your ideal next move.
The responsibilities of the Product Category Buyer will range from the following:
- Product development from concept to launch, to include working closely with the design team to create technical files
- Carrying out market research and product sourcing
- Look at the current range plan to identify and action necessary improvements
- Project management
- Supplier liaison and cost price negotiation, respecting the brand values whilst displaying commercial awareness
To be considered for the role of Product Category Buyer, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Complete product purchasing experience
- Adept at sourcing manufacturers, ideally Far East sourcing
- Well organised with exceptional communication skills
- Keen interest in motorbikes and/ or bicycles
- Technical product purchasing experience
- NPD experience with the desire to drive for new products from concept through to manufacturing a finished marketable product
- Team player with the ability to lead on projects and work collaboratively across a team of buyers, design engineers, packaging designers and compliance
- CIPS qualified or working towards is an advantage
The role itself…
As the new Product Category Buyer, you will be in your element. You will take a front seat in coordinating the entire lifecycle of the buying process and bringing your passion for continuous development and competitive brand streak to the table. With strong project management skills, you'll be responsible for product development, range planning/adjustment, supplier liaison, and price negotiation & optimisation, whilst aligning to the brand category and company objectives. Understanding the marketplace, you will be in tune with your customers to identify new product offering opportunities that are streaks ahead of the competition.
What the company is like…
A leading brand in their market, our client is looking for the new Product Category Buyer to join this fantastic wholesale & product development specialist team at their Head Office in Witney, Oxfordshire. With excellent opportunities for career progression, international travel and the support of a fantastic team to grow your category you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonuses and a mandatory early finish every Friday!
How do you apply?
If this role sounds like your next challenge, then please get in touch with Niche on 01793 230469 or click on apply now to share your latest CV and a short covering letter.