The global pandemic has upended all of our working practices, including our induction procedures…
Records Manager – Information Governance
Swindon, Wiltshire | £36000 - £40000 per annum + extensive benefits
Data Protection | Risk | GDPR | DPIA | Records Management | FOI
Posted on 17th November 2020
Niche Recruitment in Swindon are seeking a Records and Information Manager to join a fantastic organisation in Swindon. This is a pivotal role for the organisation; specialising in developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing information systems, providing training and solutions, the role requires accurate data capture, analysis and requirement gathering for the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of RISC (Risk, Information and Security Compliance), the Records Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing an information system, including the management of business records, developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing information management controls, overseeing the switch from paper to electronic record-keeping and the rationalisation data repositories.
- Writing reports and publications, dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients, ensuring that financial, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring that data is protected, classifying and indexing records, destroying or archiving finished data/records, ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed.
To be considered for the role of Records Manager, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Professional qualifications or relevant experience in compliance with GDPR, the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
- Experienced in Information Management, Assurance and Records Management
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and best practice standards in Records Management, Information Management, DPA and GDPR
- Experience of implementing change management and team management
- Driven and determined, able to work in a fast- paced, distributed environment
- The ability to persuade and influence others, with excellent negotiating and communication skills
- Proven ability to see things through and have excellent attention to detail
- An enthusiastic, positive and proactive mind-set
- A team player, ideally experienced in managing a small team to achieve its goals and objectives
The company itself…
A company who takes pride on maintaining a high standard of business service in the Public Sector, the Information Manager will join a business whose people and values are at the heart of all they do. They are a trusted and well-established business within Swindon, who offer a generous 28 days of annual leave, a private pension scheme, and the opportunity to add to your continuous professional development. With handover taking place ideally in June, this is an immediately available permanent opportunity where you will be on-boarded remotely and working from home until the 'new normal' emerges.
How do you apply…?
This is just a taste of what this role has to offer, so if this has whet your appetite, be sure to get in touch with us at Niche Recruitment in Swindon so we can discuss this opportunity further on 01793 230469!