MEET OUR LOVELY CHARLI! If you’ve been avidly reading our blogs over the past…
Financial Controller- FILLED
Witney, Oxfordshire | Negotiable
Posted by Niche Recruitment
21st February 2020
This Financial Controller role has now unfortunately been filled. Sorry you’ve missed out on this opportunity but please have a read of the job description below and if you like the sound of it then get in touch with the Nick on 07193 230469 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org. He’d love to help you #findyourniche!
We are looking for a CIMA/ ACCA qualified Financial Controller or Senior Management Accountant to join an incredible brand in West Oxfordshire. We are keen to hear from you if you have a minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience and are currently working as a Financial Controller with a smaller business or as an experienced Senior Management Accountant looking for the next career step. Having extensive staff management experience is essential and having a career background in Purchase Ledger would be ideal.
The business has seen a recent period of growth and with even further expansion planned into new markets, they need a competent Financial Controller to support the Head of Finance.
The role will offer an excellent first-hand view into the Financial Operations of the business, as well as exposure to senior stakeholders and the business are incredibly proactive with developing their staff, as well as offering some fantastic benefits.
The Financial Controller will:
- Support the Leadership team and the company’s strategic objectives by delivering accurate financial information.
- Run the day-to-day Finance function, mentoring more junior team members and looking at way to improve internal processes.
- Build and maintain positive cross-functional relationships with other business areas.
- Finalise all aspects of period-end accounting; review all control accounts; post journals; and undertake budget vs. forecast reviews and variance analysis.
- Undertake a broad variety of tasks relation to budgeting; forecasting & compliance; ie: P&L management; annual budget creation; UK, FR & IT VAT returns; insurance claims & renewals; managing internal audit controls; weekly trade reports; and assisting with the external audit.
To be considered for the Financial Controller role, you will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years as a Financial Controller or Senior Management Accountant
- Be CIMA or ACCA qualified (essential)
- Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Have experience of working to tight deadlines
- Be a flexible, proactive team player and leader
What the company is like…
You will be joining this unique brand in an exciting period of growth. The Financial Controller role will as a number 2 to the Head of Finance and take joint responsibility for a team of c.10 staff. You will be given ownership and accountability, allowing you the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the business and contribute to the brands future. This role offers an exciting and unique range of employee perks in a team-focused dynamic environment!