Modern technology means that recruitment agencies and employers usually do their due diligence on new hires…
Risk Information Manager – FILLED
Swindon, Wiltshire | £45000 - £46000 per annum
Posted by Niche Recruitment
17th December 2019
This Risk Information Manager role has now unfortunately been filled. Sorry you’ve missed out on this opportunity but please have a read of the job description below and if you like the sound of it then get in touch with the Nick on 07193 230469 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org. He’d love to help you #findyourniche!
Niche Recruitment in Swindon are looking to give someone with Risk Management experience the opportunity for a fresh, new start in 2020. As Risk Information Manager, you will be taking the lead on Risk Management for our Swindon-based public sector client.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, the Risk Information Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Taking the lead on Risk Management within the business, which includes the development and implementation of the Risk strategy, as well as the maintenance and policies surrounding it, to include Internal Audit Programme Management
- Identifying and communicating high risk issues efficiently through the correct channels, as well as the identification of aggregate risk, generating reports to the Audit Committee
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regards to risk by conducting regular reviews based on policy and cross-cutting risk consolidation, to include the development of an effective anti-fraud policy
- The oversight and management of Assurance Framework in support of its continuous improvement through effective communication with the wider business
- Utilising a good working knowledge of corporate governance to line manage a team of Risk Officers
To be considered for the role of Risk Information Manager, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent experience
- 5yrs + experience in Risk Management, essentially from an Enterprise & Operational Risk point of view
- Working knowledge of corporate governance, as well as audit & internal controls
- The ability to work well alone, as well as part of an organisation, with the added responsibility of managing a small team
- The ability to persuade and influence others, with excellent negotiating and communication skills
The role itself…
The key objective of the Risk Information Manager is to primarily take the lead on Risk Management as necessary and directed by the auditing board. A leadership role, you will line manage a small team and act as the point of call for our client’s Fraud issues, as well as the oversight and management of the Assurance Framework of the whole company. Managing the company’s Internal Auditing Programme, you will also be responsible for the subsequent monitoring, and reporting as required. To be considered for this role, you need to be a good all-rounder, with experience from a plethora of risk and compliance backgrounds. If you come with experience of working in the Public Sector, even better!
The company itself…
A company who takes pride on maintaining a high standard of business service in the Public Sector, the Risk Information Manager will join a business whose people and values are at the heart of all they do. They are a trusted and well-established business within Swindon, who offer a generous 28 days of annual leave, a private pension scheme, and the opportunity to add to your continuous professional development.
How do you apply…?
This is just a taste of what this role has to offer, so if this has whet your appetite, be sure to get in touch with us at Niche Recruitment in Swindon so we can discuss this opportunity further on 01793 230469 !