We recently caught up with Fanni to talk through her experience of starting a…
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (FOOD MANUFACTURING) – FILLED
Witney, Oxfordshire | £23000 - £27000 per annum + dependant on experience
Posted by Michelle Graham
4th April 2019
This Technical Assistant role has now unfortunately been filled. Sorry you’ve missed this opportunity but please have a read of the job description below and if you like the sound of it then get in touch with the Michelle on 07193 230469 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. She’d love to help you #findyourniche!
Quality is a key element to any food manufacturing company and Whittard of Chelsea truly value quality assurance just as much as their loyal customers value the quality of their world-renowned specialist teas, coffees and hot chocolates. That’s where you come in. Following a period of sustained growth with ambitious plans for future growth, Whittard are looking to expand their Food Tech team with the addition of a Technical Assistant. The role will be based at their head office in Witney, West Oxfordshire.
Whittard sells products across a UK retail estate, their own website plus they are expanding internationally, selling to both franchisees and wholesalers across 32 countries. This newly created position will work alongside the Technical Manager to maintain the high standards and quality of products which uphold the Whittard brand values.
- Support the approval of products by reviewing specifications to check for errors and omissions
- Raise errors and omissions in specifications with suppliers
- Prepare complaint report summary for suppliers
- Maintain records of supplier and product information
- Support investigations into customer complaints by administrating the customer complaint form and ensure responses are received
- Maintain a customer complaint database to ensure all complaints are investigated and trends are tracked
- Regularly review website to check the accuracy of product information against product specifications and on-pack info
- Coordinate artwork being sent to suppliers for review
To be considered for the role of Technical Assistant you must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous knowledge and experience of supplier assurance and management systems beneficial but not essential, preferably within food manufacturing or food retail industry
- Good analytical skills and PC literate, a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commercially aware with the ability to balance quality objectives with the commercial needs of the business
- Able to take a hands-on approach
- Good team player, confident decision-maker
- Able to multi-task and manage a busy workload
- Lateral thinker able to appreciate the full implications of emerging issues
- Fast learner with a can-do attitude
Whittard – The Company
You will be joining this British Heritage brand in an exciting period of growth, working with the Technical Manager to help maintain and enhance the quality management standards of supplier and product information for all Whittard products. Offering an exciting and unique range of employee perks, in a dynamic environment where there is always a good cup of tea!
When Walter Whittard launched his first London shop in 1886, his philosophy was simple: buy the best. It’s a philosophy that’s stayed closed to their hearts since then, driving their belief in quality, heritage and innovation. With business in over 35 countries and an ever-growing base of loyal customers, they believe their position as a premium lifestyle brand would make Walter proud.
The heart and soul of Whittard is their products. Constantly updated with exclusive blends, their pioneering collection of tea, coffee and cocoa is complemented by a wide range of brewing equipment, tableware and elegant gifts. Their stores are designed to provide an immersive and engaging environment, while their website brings the unique Whittard shopping experience online with expert tips and information on coffee roasting, tea origins and plenty more. Their community stretches across the world, and by continuing to develop their branded stores, their online experience and to distribute their products internationally, they are looking to grow even further, cementing their position as a global premium brand.
Get in touch today!
If you have a passion for food and great products and think this sounds like your next move in the Food Technology/ Manufacturing industry, then please get in touch with a short covering letter and your CV today.
Niche Recruitment are proud to be managing the recruitment of this role on behalf of Whittard and all applications will be reviewed by ourselves.